2016: Our 95th Anniversary Year in Review
2016 proved to be a great year for our organization. Our Language School taught 34 group and private classes over the course of the fiscal year with 108 total student enrollments. Special BISES go to our French Teachers: Brigitte Bentley, Nancy Callahan, Marda Gutierrez, Joanne Hutchings, Servane Rogers and Veronique Shay.
We also had many fun and educational special events and we’d like to extend our thanks to some of our member regular helpers including:
Short Film Discussion Facilitator: Carol Donahue; French Discussion Group Leaders: Brigitte Blais & Fran Hellmann, Jean-Marie Gutierrez, Jennifer Humphreys, Colin Harrison and Noelle Licese; Reading Group Leaders: Kathryn MacCullough; Amanda Pond and Evelyne Purdy; Wine Presenters: Marcel Gros and Jim Donahue, and our fantastic Hospitality Committee: Nancy Callahan, Carol Donahue and Gail Gros.
We couldn’t offer such a variety of events without your generous support and all your hard work!
Thanks also to all who give to our organization through your membership dues, your generous donations and your attendance at our programs. Your support helps us promote the French language and the many cultures of the francophone world. Be sure to check out our photo galleries for this year’s special events:
- Arty Gras – Mardi Gras Party
- Cheese Making Presentation by Cato Corner Farm
- Teacher’s Workshop on Using Cinema in the Classroom & Top 10 French Movies presentation by guest speaker Anne-Christine Rice of Tufts University
- $1700 raised during the Give Local of Greater Waterbury 36-hour Fund Raiser sponsored by the Connecticut Community Foundation
- “Mariam” film in collaboration with the Muslim Coalition of CT
- Pétanque Summer League – new! Led by Marcel Gros & J-M Gutierrez
- Fête du 14 Juillet chez les Gutierrez
- 95th Anniversary Celebration “Voyage au Monde Francophone”
- Comprendre et Comparer des Vins – new Monthly Group!
- African Development Work by Korsu Director Allegra Itsoga
- Eurochannel Short Film Programs co-sponsored with the Southbury Film Commission
- Holiday Cocktail Party hosted by John Lamb & Lawrence Tuchman