The Alliance Française of NW CT announces the kickoff of its 2nd Pétanque League!
Phase 1 of the League will run from May 1st to Labor Day (Sept. 4)
- Four players meet and play 3 games by changing partners: this takes from 2-3 hours
- Each member will be scheduled to play against all other players (or at least the majority) during the 4 month time period
- Top 8 players who score the most points (thru Labor Day) will go into quarter finals
- Quarter finals and the final will be played before the end of September (hopefully before first snow fall)
Enrollment is restricted to AFNWCT members:
- If you want to participate and are not a member, you are welcome to join. Click HERE to go to our Membership page.
2nd Pétanque League fees are $35 per person:
- Covers administrative costs and refreshments served at the end of each game party
- Send payment of $35 by check made payable to AFNWCT to 1 Pomperaug Office Park, Suite 301, Southbury, CT 06488 or you may pay by credit card below.
You must enroll by April 20!
- Participation is limited to 24 players – added to the roster on a first come, first added basis
- In order to set up the League’s schedule by May 1, players wishing to participate need to submit their planned travel and/or vacation dates when they are unable to play.
- To enroll, send an email to email@example.com with your name, address, cell phone number and email information no later than April 20. Please include your planned travel and/or conflict dates.
Don’t know how to play? Don’t worry: teaching sessions will be provided to those who are not familiar, or not at ease with the game. By the end of the summer – you will be pleasantly surprised by your progress!
Think before signing up: interested players need to commit to playing the League games so as not to impact the other players and the overall progress of the League.
Generally games are scheduled to fit working (weekends & evenings) and retired lifestyles. More details will be provided regarding court sites and league scoring rules at a later date. At this point, we need to know who is committing to playing by April 20 at the latest.
It will be another fun year and we hope to see many of you on the courts.
PS: Research has shown that Pétanque extends your life expectancy….
Testimonials from 2016 Pétanque League:
“I so enjoyed playing, meeting challengers and the ambiance of those Saturday mornings. Looking forward to 2017!”
“Many thanks for all the time and effort you put into the organization!”
“Appreciated your support and coaching.”
“I have enjoyed playing ever so much, and the camaraderie, outdoors and exercise have kept me healthy and feeling younger”
“Today’s matches were a blast. We got so close to knocking off the master I could taste it.”
“Very good matches today, and a lot of fun.”
“We are impatient to start again competing with all of you and, we hope, with new “Pétanqueurs”.